Friday, July 2, 2010

The Master Bedroom.

Hello. My husband and I bought our first house last July, and inherited some awesome vintage furniture from his side of the family back in March. It's not quite 'finished', but then, it never is.
Entrance to Master Bedroom

Our bedroom is painted Laura Ashley Apple 4 (color matched in Olympic's zero-VOC paint). I think it's the perfect shade of green, given the amount of light we get in this room. It was overcast today, thanks to Alex. About an hour after I took these photos, the second Flood began.

The off-white chenille rug from UO was not the best choice, as the dogs love laying on it after running around in the dirt, and it's 'professional clean only'. I'm considering replacing it with carpet tiles from FLOR in green or brown. The curtains and curtain rods are from IKEA.

Bed
The bedframe is from West Elm. We used to also have the West Elm bedding everyone seems to have, but I found it to be a little too delicate, and after resewing my eighth pintuck, I said enough was enough. New bedding from IKEA has a similar feel, and no ironing, without me worrying about tearing seams. I'm thinking about hanging white paper cranes above the headboard. If I can find the time to make them. We are looking for affordable, matching nightstands also. Eventually the trim will be painted bright white. It's currently an off-white, almost yellow really.

IKEA Expedit bookself 

The white Expedit bookshelf from IKEA. This is a small fraction of my book collection. The remainder is residing in our office, but that's a post for another day. Or year. It's quite the disaster. I can't believe how much paperwork you have to hold on to when you became an adult. I forgot to move the stuffed rabbit before taking this picture. He doesn't normally reside there anyhow.

Artwork close up
Close-up of the artwork. The bird is a print of a painting by Mincing Mockingbird. I'm in love with his birds. The smaller frames hold pictures I cut out of a UO catalog. I may eventually replace them with 'real' art. This is the only artwork up in the room right now. I should probably add more. I'm kinda digging the bare walls though.

Dresser
And lastly, our vintage dresser. It's quite fabulous, if I do say so myself. I had to give up my reading nook for it, but it was a worthwhile sacrifice (I wasn't even using the reading nook, to be honest). I think I want to stick a large potted plant in that right corner. I had a lamp there, but we never used it, so it's now residing in the living room while I debate if I want to keep it or not.

So that's it, for now.
 Ciao.

0 comments: